- Phillip Apps
Stock Commentary Date: 05/11/2018
Stock: TANG PALACE (CHINA) HOLDINGS.LTD (1181.HK)
Closing price: $1.15 (04/11/2018)
52 weeks range: $1.09 – 1.891
Shares outstanding: 1,068,617,500
Market Capitalization : HK$ 1229 Million (04/11/2018)
Target Price (12 months): Neutral
1. Tang Palace (China) Holdings Ltd. is an investment holding company engaged in the restaurants operation. The company operated through its own brands as well as through franchising.
2. The brands operated by the Company include: Tang's Cuisine (唐宮壹號），Tang's Palace (include Tang Palace Seafood Restaurant and Tang Palace, 唐宮 包括唐宮海鮮和唐宮)，Social Place (唐宮小聚），Canton Tea Room （唐宮茶點）and Ninja House Japanese Restaurant （忍者居）。The company also operated franchise brand “Pepper Lunch” and formed a partnership with their Malaysia business partners to operate “PappaRich” （金爸爸）.
3. The company operated 58 restaruants and 6 other restaurants under joint ventures (as on 30 June 2018). The company mainly operated through three business segments: the Southern China region, the Eastern China and the Northern China region. The largest section was in Eastern region
1. For the six months ended 30 June 2018, revenue of the Group increased by RMB 80.4 million or 12.2%, to RMB 740.2 million as compared to the same period 2017. Although the Group managed to increase the revenue in this competitive industries, the rising cost affected the company's profit. Net income decreased by 15% RMB 53.16 million.
2. The Group's Southern China segment and Western China segment performed well in the first half of 2018 due to its strategic change and reflected on the Group's revenue, revenues were increased by 26% to RMB 192.9M and 96% to RMB 45.6M respectively. While Northern China as well as Eastern China segment revenue grew by 6% to RMB 199 million and 3% to RMB 329 million. The Group's net income decrease was also contributed by the 35% drop in net income with the Eastern China Segment.
3. The Group's largest cost were inventories consumed (which includes food consumables, utensils etc) and staff. In the first half of 2018, both items increased by 17% and 18%, from RMB 232 million to RMB 273 million and RMB 191 million to RMB 227 million respectively.
” I, Ni Kwok Kuen Alex, am a licensed person under the Securities and Futures Commission. Until the date this commentary was published, neither I and/or my affiliates are the beneficiary of the securities mentioned herein or are entitled to any financial interests in relation thereto. “